Do you wash mushrooms?

According to a questionnaire survey at home, 56% wash, 36% do not wash, 2% do not eat, and 6% do not eat.

There are many books that advise against washing mushrooms with water because they become soggy and lose their flavor. But mushrooms are mostly water, so a quick rinse won't kill the flavor. However, washing with water will damage the surface cells and cause discoloration, so it is necessary to cook immediately. It is best to wash it with water and wipe off the moisture with kitchen paper before cooking.